Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Chasing Rain

Weather has been rainy, windy, and cold. Lightning appears overhead a few times each day and snow showed up last night on the mountain tops around Tullah, Tasmania.

I rode 45 miles from Devonport to Wynyard on the first day and had a very cold night in my tent. I bought a pink wool blanket from a second hand shop and decided to avoid the questionable dirt roads of the west coast and ride south instead. After a couple days of riding and a couple more cold nights I'm in Tullah, replanning again. In the land of the Roaring 40's, weather is unpredictable. This morning had a lightning storm and this afternoon had hail. Tomorrow more snow is predicted. I originally thought to ride through Rosebery, Zeehan, and Strahan, but tomorrow I may make a dash to Queenstown and hunker down for a couple more days instead.

This really isn't going well.